Tenders: How To Ensure Your Bids Do Not Fall Foul Of The Law
Dear Valued ASPRI Members,
We understand that ASPRI members participate in many tenders, but did you know that using some “tactics” in a bid can result in imprisonment and/or fines? It is not only the business that can be found in breach, individuals could also face serious penalties. Even where conduct appears to be due to the actions of a rogue employee, liability can lie with the company and its directors or officers.
All over the world, regulatory authorities have been acting against contractors who work together to fix tender results, and parties debarred from participating in future tenders. As regular participants in tender exercises, ASPRI members should avoid becoming involved in bid-rigging and bribery. It is therefore important to understand how to avoid regulatory risk when bidding in a tender – and when faced with a potential breach, how to act on it.
Therefore, ASPRI partners with experts (Chan Jia Hui, Simran Toor and Andrew Riseley) from WongPartnership to conduct a brief workshop on competition law and anti-bribery teams.
• Explain the main aspects of the competition and anti-bribery laws as they relate to tenders, and discuss some key Singapore cases in these areas
• Outline the detection tools of the Competition Commission of Singapore (CCS) and Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB), and the potential penalties
• Provide practical suggestions on the steps that ASPRI members could take:
o to protect themselves from becoming involved; and
o to detect bid-rigging and bribery in their own organisations.
Who should attend?
The seminar is designed for members who regularly participate in tenders, with a particular emphasis for staff involved in: compliance and legal matters, general management, director of sales, human resources.
Date: Friday, 14 October 2016
2.00pm – 2.30pm: Registration
2.30pm – 3.45pm: Presentation
3.45pm – 4.30pm: Networking
WongPartnership Seminar Room
12 Marina Boulevard Level 28
Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3
Price: $10 per pax
• Photographs and videos may be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes.
• Your contact information may be shared to facilitate building access.
• There will be an administrative charge of $30 if participant fail to:
o Turn up on the day of event
o Inform ASPRI of cancellation after Tuesday, 11 October 2016.