In view of the tightened Safe Management Measures from 22 July 2021 through 18 August 2021 (inclusive), the Government has released a support package to cushion the impact on workers and businesses. Please find the full details of the package here.
Infographics are also appended at the bottom of this circular for your easy reference.
Enhanced Jobs Support Scheme (JSS) for Affected Sectors
- From 22 July to 18 August 2021:
- JSS enhanced to 60% for sectors where the tightened measures require them to suspend many, if not all, of their activities (e.g. F&B businesses, gyms, fitness studios, performing arts organisations and arts education centres)
- JSS enhanced to 40% for sectors that are significantly affected by the restrictions (e.g. retail, affected personal care services, tourist attractions, licensed hotels, cruise and regional ferry operators, MICE organisers, travel agents, museums, art galleries, cinema operators and other family entertainment centres)
- From 19 August to 31 August 2021:
- JSS tapered to 10% for both groups of businesses
- More details on the JSS enhancements for affected sectors can be found here